Day of reckoning; a day when all your deeds will be looked upon. A day whose measure is fifty thousand years.
After the blowing of the trumpet and the death of all men; the trumpet would be blown once again and all the human beings present in Barzakh ( the in between) would become alive again and present themselves before the Almighty Allah for accounting of their deeds.
The Holy Quran says:
Do not these think that they shall be raised again, for a mighty day, the day on which men shall stand before the Lord of the worlds? (83:4-6)
75. Surah Al-Qiyamah (The Resurrection)
1. I swear by the Day of Resurrection;
2. And I swear by the self-reproaching person (a believer).
3. Does man (a disbeliever) think that We shall not assemble his bones?
4. Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.
5. Nay! (Man denies Resurrection and Reckoning. So) he desires to continue committing sins.
6. He asks: “When will be this Day of Resurrection?”
7. So, when the sight shall be dazed,
8. And the moon will be eclipsed,
9. And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light, etc.)
10. On that Day man will say: “Where (is the refuge) to flee?”
11. No! There is no refuge!
12. Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day.
13. On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil or good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).
14. Nay! Man will be a witness against himself [as his body parts (skin, hands, legs, etc.) will speak about his deeds].
15. Though he may put forth his excuses (to cover his evil deeds).
16. Move not your tongue concerning (the Qur’an, O Muhammad ) to make haste therewith.
17. It is for Us to collect it and to give you (O Muhammad ) the ability to recite it (the Qur’an),
18. And when We have recited it to you [O Muhammad through Jibrael (Gabriel)], then follow you its (the Qur’an’s) recital.
19. Then it is for Us (Allah) to make it clear to you,
20. Not [as you think, that you (mankind) will not be resurrected and recompensed for your deeds], but (you men) love the present life of this world,
21. And leave (neglect) the Hereafter.
22. Some faces that Day shall be Nadirah (shining and radiant).
23. Looking at their Lord (Allah);
24. And some faces, that Day, will be Basirah (dark, gloomy, frowning, and sad),
25. Thinking that some calamity was about to fall on them;
26. Nay, when (the soul) reaches to the collar bone (i.e. up to the throat in its exit),
27. And it will be said: “Who can cure him and save him from death?”
28. And he (the dying person) will conclude that it was (the time) of departing (death);
29. And leg will be joined with another leg (shrouded)
30. The drive will be, on that Day, to your Lord (Allah)!
31. So he (the disbeliever) neither believed (in this Qur’an, in the Message of Muhammad ) nor prayed!
32. But on the contrary, he belied (this Qur’an and the Message of Muhammad ) and turned away!
33. Then he walked in full pride to his family admiring himself!
34. Woe to you [O man (disbeliever)]! And then (again) woe to you!
35. Again, woe to you [O man (disbeliever)]! And then (again) woe to you!
36. Does man think that he will be left Suda [neglected without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord (Allah) on him]?
37. Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge of semen) poured forth?
38. Then he became an ‘Alaqa (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.
39. And made him in two sexes, male and female.
40. Is not He (Allah Who does that), Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things).
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radhiallāhu ‘anhu):
The Prophet (Sallallāhu alayhi wa sallam) said,
“A man used to do sinful deeds, and when death came to him, he said to his sons, ‘After my death, burn me and then crush me, and scatter the powder in the air, for by Allah, if Allah has control over me, He will give me such a punishment as He has never given to anyone else.’ When he died, his sons did accordingly.
Allah ordered the earth saying, ‘Collect what you hold of his particles.’ It did so, and behold! There he was (the man) standing. Allah asked (him), ‘What made you do what you did?’ He replied, ‘O my Lord! I was afraid of You.’ So Allah forgave him. ” Another narrator said “The man said, Fear of You, O Lord!”
On Day of Judgement Allah will hold the whole earth and fold the heaven with His right hand
Narrated Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu),
The Prophet of Allah (Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said:
“On the Day of Resurrection Allah will hold the whole earth and fold the heaven with His right hand and say, ‘I am the King: where are the kings of the earth?”
Surah Mulk will intercede its reader on Day of Judgement till he will be forgiven
Narrated Abu Hurayrah (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu),
The Prophet ﷺ said:
A surah of the Quran containing thirty verses will intercede its reader till he will be forgiven. That is: “Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the sovereignty” (surah 67).
[Sunan Abu Dawud] ( It is sunnah to recite Surah Al; Mulk before sleeping)
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh): You would be along with one whom you love
Anas b. Malik (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu) reported that a person came to Allah’s Messenger ﷺ and said to Allah’s Messenger ﷺ: When would be the Last Hour?
Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet ﷺ ) said: What preparation have you made for the Last Hour?
He said: The love of Allah and of His Messenger (is my only preparation).
Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet ﷺ) said: You would be along with one whom you love.
Anas (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu) said: Nothing pleased us more after accepting Islam than the words of Allah’s Messenger ﷺ: You would be along with one whom you love.
And Anas (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu) said. I love Allah and His Messenger ﷺ and Abu Bakr and Umar, and I hope that I would be along with them although I have not acted like them.